In June of 1918 a gospel tent meeting was held by Rev. C.P. Ellis. The tent was pitched at the corner of Rood Avenue and Fourth Street, but after a few night's services, a wind storm practically demolished the tent. Still full of faith in God, a hart was rented at 125 S. Fifth St. where the meeting continued. Only one moth later, Grand Junction First Church of the Nazarene was organized. On October 4, 1918, a space was secured at the southeast corner of Main and Sixth Street until a permanent space was build 2.5 years later. Through many years of being faithful to God's Mission, building and remodeling, Grand Junction Nazarene Church to its current facility on Patterson in 1996 where it continues striving to find new and creative ways to participate in God's Redemptive Mission.